OMG. I have a new iPhone.
Or more importantly … I have a new camera!
A combination Christmas/Birthday present. Thanks Peter! ❤
So the bumper I originally bought for my (then new) iPhone X finally bit the dust. And you’d think that, since I seldom leave the house these days, I probably could do without a new one. But you’d be wrong.
I’ve been doing my (almost daily) rooftop walks with the cord thingy that came with the orginal bumper, so I can hang my iPhone around my neck to count my steps (I don’t have a fitbit watch) leaving my hands free to carry my ancient iPod. Apparently I don’t own any clothing with pockets. So not only did I have to replace the bumper, I had to find one that has those two tiny holes on one side to attach the key-ring looking bit, which then clicks onto the other bit on the cord… are you still awake?
So anyhow! I discovered another unexpected feature from carrying my iPhone around my neck, which I tuck inside my top to keep it out of the direct sun when I’m on the roof. I guess you’ve all heard of butt calls by now (more politely known as pocket dialing), when you have your phone in your back pocket and inadvertently call someone after a button or two gets pushed. Well this will never happen to me since, as already stated, I don’t have any clothing with pockets, and also never wear trousers, let alone jeans (the main butt call culprits). But it turns out I can make belly calls! It happened today while I was doing my rooftop walk. I got a call from a friend so of course I answered and we were chatting for a bit before I said “hey what’s up?” and she said “well, you called me” and I said “wut”. Turns out the phone screen was turned towards my belly and it made a call. Gotta be more careful!
The other night I was at Casa Morales on a Sevilla Tapas Tour and I spotted these guys at a table near us. I told my clients that I would love to sneak a photo of them, they were just such a lovely and charismatic group. And then one of them came over and asked if I would take their photo, so I said I would if I could also take one for me. Score! Though you can see that I really do need that new iPhone 11 Pro with its fab wide angle lens (I was against the wall here and couldn’t back up any further). 🙂
The iPhone 11 is coming out this week and I am weak with desire. Check out that camera! I’ll take the silver Pro please, 256 GBs. 🙂
- Triple 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras
- Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view
- Wide: ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Telephoto: ƒ/2.0 aperture
- 2x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 10x
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High-Key Mono)
- Dual optical image stabilization (Wide and Telephoto)
- Five‑element lens (Ultra Wide); six-element lens (Wide and Telephoto)
- Brighter True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- 100% Focus Pixels (Wide)
- Night mode
- Auto Adjustments
- Next‑generation Smart HDR for photos
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Advanced red‑eye correction
- Photo geotagging
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG