I was so excited to find out this week that Lalola Taberna Gourmet had finally made the move from the far end of Los Remedios to the centre of town. In fact, just a short 11 minute walk from my house! It is located inside the very chic Hotel Palacio Conde de Torrejón, though it has its own entrance on the side. I couldn’t wait to try it out.
Then chef Javier Abascal sent me a message asking when I wanted to visit, and as I didn’t have a tour that evening I said I would see him then. I was expecting to just check things out, take some photos, maybe try a couple of tapas. But Javi had other ideas, and before long I was enjoying a private tasting menu with him, accompanied by lovely wines.
Being the Queen of Tapas does not suck. 🙂
- Olive pâté with olive bread toasts
- Ensaladilla with prawns, pimentón, fried eggs
- Live lettuce salad with radishes, onions, lagarto Ibérico
- Ravioli filled with gambas and setas, manteca sauce
- Razor clams in Ibérico sauce
- Braised Ibérico pork cheek with curry potato purée